Skip to content
- Biodiesel is a clean burning renewable fuel made using natural vegetable oils and fats.
- Biodiesel is made through a chemical process which converts oils and fats of natural origin into fatty acid methyl esters (FAME). Biodiesel IS NOT vegetable oil.
- Biodiesel is intended to be used as a replacement for petroleum diesel fuel, or can be blended with petroleum diesel fuel in any proportion.
- Biodiesel does not require modifications to a diesel engine to be used.
- Biodiesel has reduced exhaust emissions compared to petroleum diesel fuel.
- Biodiesel has lower toxicity compared to petroleum diesel fuel.
- Biodiesel is safer to handle compared to petroleum diesel fuel.
- Biodiesel quality is governed by ASTM D 6751 quality parameters.
- Biodiesel is biodegradable.